Morristown First Presbyterian Church was formally organized on May 18, 1867, soon after the close of the War Between the States. There were 26 charter members and 8 more joined at the first meeting of Session on the following day. A sanctuary was completed in 1870. Through the years, there were additions to better accommodate the church growth in size and mission. The new education building was dedicated in 1965, the new Sanctuary in 1971, a steeple added in 1981, and the renovation of the Gathering Place for the youth program in the mid 90's. In March of 2005, we dedicated the new Family Life Center. However, buildings never measure the life and spirit of a congregation. The real story of First Presbyterian is one of continuity revealed in the lives of individuals who have felt the impact of the Gospel message.